U.S. Personal Tax Returns

It is important to work with a tax advisor who can navigate the tax laws on both sides of the border.

U.S. citizens living or working outside of the U.S. are still required to file a U.S. tax return. In addition to the U.S. tax return there is likely a requirement to file in the country of residency.

There are advantages to preparing your U.S. and a Canadian return at the same time and this is our preferred arrangement. Preparing the returns at the same time ensures proper tax treatment of all items and helps to minimize overall tax by ensuring all available foreign tax credits and exemptions are utilized. We can also work with your existing advisor to ensure everything is filed correctly.

Our U.S. services include:

  • Tax planning and advisory services for U.S. citizens or green card holders
  • Personal tax return preparation, including all required state returns
  • Cross border tax and estate planning
  • Tax planning for individuals moving to or returning from the U.S.
  • Tax planning for Canadian residents holding U.S. investments (including U.S. rental properties)