Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) Application (w-7)

We are “Certifying Acceptance Agents” for the IRS and can facilitate the process of getting an ITIN faster and easier than dealing with the IRS directly.

Please contact us to discuss the reason you need an ITIN and to set up an appointment to review the application.

There are many reasons you may need an ITIN. Some of the most common reason are:

  • You own a U.S. rental property
  • You sold U.S. real estate
  • You had gambling winnings
  • You are the spouse or dependent of someone who files a US tax return
  • You are receiving a royalty or pension income which is entitled to tax treaty benefits
  • You have a U.S. income tax filing requirement

The ITIN application is for an individual who needs a US tax identification number but is not eligible for a Social Security Number (“SSN”).

You are eligible for a SSN if you are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green-card” holder), or have a valid work permit. If you are eligible for a SSN, you may not apply for a ITIN.

To obtain a SSN, follow the instructions at this link.

In order to obtain an ITIN, you need to provide proof that it is required for tax administration purposes. There are numerous situation where a number is required. Please contact us to discuss your particular circumstances.


  • Download the forms

    Download Form

  • Completion – Complete the form and then print.
  • Signature – Sign and date the form.
  • Attachments – Certified copy of your Passport from Passport Canada. If you do not have a passport we can discuss alternative forms of documentation.